About this course
Army Golf Course, Bhopal is located in a lush valley cradled by Idgah Hills on its South and Neori Hills on the West.
The Golf Course came into existence in 1976 under the patronage of Brig (Retd) KP Pandey, MVC, Commander, Madhya Pradesh Sub Area. Initially it comprised only a few browns. Over the years it has grown in size and stature. By 1999 all the browns were converted into greens. Greens and fairways were added to make the Army Golf Course, Bhopal into a challenging 18-hole Course in which some greens were repeated.
The course was upgraded and by December 2004, the Army Golf Course, Bhopal was a full 18-hole Course. The new Course, spread over 85 acres, will play to 6,415 yards. The natural rolling slopes and verdant landscape, along with an extensive rain water harvesting and horticulture project are the hallmarks of the Course. The Course is interspersed by water channels and numerous water bodies which will delight both the amateur and club Golfers. While Golfers and Nature-lovers can enjoy the lush green surroundings; walkers and weight watchers can enthusiastically wear down the stone walkway that meanders along the periphery of the Golf Course.
The Club House located in the centre of the Course is the erstwhile Training Store of the Bhopal State Forces. Purchased from the State Government at a princely sum of Rs 7750.00 in 1951, the shed has been extended and developed into a tasteful Club House, which also doubles as the Defence Services Officers Institute.
The Course is an environmentalists’ delight with various flora and a large variety of animals and birds. To the existing trees and bushes, an addition of over 4000 plants of all hues has been undertaken. Planning has been done to ensure that the area remains verdant and colourful the year around.
Open to all visiting members of the IGU in keeping with rules of the Course.